Types of programmes
There are several types of programmes on Serbian higher education institution, depending on the level and type of education.
- Basic academic studies (Bachelor) lasting 3-4 years, with 180 to 240 ECTS,
- Master studies lasting 1-2 years with 60 to 120 ECTS,
- Doctoral studies (PhD) with a minimum of three years of study or 180 ECTS.
- Integrated studies lasting 6 years, with 360 ECTS (only in the field of medical science (the studies of medicine, dentistry and veterinary medicine) and pharmacy (5 years, with 300 ECTS)
- Specialist studies lasting at least one year, with 60 ECTS, for students who have achieved at leas 300 ECTS in previous studies.
Also, there is a difference between
- Academic studies – offered by universities (faculties) and colleges of academic studies, and
- Applied studies – offered by colleges of applied studies as well as universities